Spend time outdoors and connect with the wilderness
- Minimum: 3 guests per tour
- Maximum: 15 guests per tour, can accommodate larger groups.
- Duration: 3- 4 Hours
- Price: $60 USD per person (includes lunch)
- Booking: Per booking policy, when in Belize 24 hours in advance required
- Binocular rental available: $5USD per tour
- If traveling by bus from Punta Gorda, the cost is $6 USD round trip.
- Inquire about our private transportation service. We will gladly plan and assist.
Travel responsibly to natural areas which conserves the environment and improves the welfare of local people. Observe and connect with the standing pristine forests of the 15,441-acre Golden Stream Corridor Preserve.
This unique trek will give you the opportunity to relax while you enjoy breathing in refreshing air in the forest. You will learn about the thriving medicinal and threatened trees species and observe wildlife tracks on the forest floors. Your guide will share with you how our rangers detect signs of illegal hunting and fishing.
Your boots will likely get muddy, and you should be prepared to get sweaty, but after a morning of adventure you can enjoy a refreshing view and cooling down by taking a dip in the Golden Stream River, the lifeblood of the Golden Stream Corridor Preserve.
A journey into nature is simply what it takes to feel better! Discover what this nature trip can do for you!
Fitness level: Moderate
We are more than happy to amend the itinerary to meet your needs based on your time and length of stay in the Toledo District, southern Belize.
- 9:15am – Arrive at Ya’axché Field Station, Golden Stream Corridor Preserve
- 9:30am – Ecotour begins
- 12:00pm – Lunch
- 1:00pm – Ecotour concludes
Click this link for directions to the Field Center at Golden Stream Corridor Preserve.
- Sturdy walking shoes/boots with a good tread, expect them to get muddy and wet, depending on the season
- Non-aerosol bug spray
- Eco-friendly sunscreen
- Lightweight, long pants and a long-sleeve shirt with the option of a t-shirt or other quick drying shirt
- Hat with rim and/or bandana
- Binoculars and a camera if you care to get a closer look and record some of your sightings
- Bathing suit and a towel if you fancy a dip in the stream (confirm upon reservations)
- Water and a snack for the trail
Amazing connection with nature