Cacao Farm Tour
Visit a cacao farm alongside a Maya farmer
- Minimum: 3 guests per tour
- Maximum: 15 guests per tour, can accommodate larger groups.
- Duration: 4.5 Hours
- Price: $60 USD per person (includes lunch)
- Booking: Per booking policy, when in Belize 24 hours in advance required.
- If traveling by bus from Punta Gorda, the cost is $6 USD round trip.
- Inquire about our private transportation. We will gladly plan and assist.
Join a Maya farmer on his cacao farm tour where local cacao beans are sourced for chocolate-making. See how a Maya family grows organic cacao and other produce hand in hand with nature to sustain his family.
Cacao carries a rich cultural tradition. Today, the market for organic cacao is active and growing, making it an attractive cash crop for farmers. Cacao is an understory tree species native to South America.
You and the farmer can pick ripe cacao pods from the trees. The farmer will demonstrate the extraction of seeds and you are invited to sample the sweet, savoury pulp of the cacao. He will explain the process the beans go through to a chocolate drink, which includes fermentation, roasting, grinding and chocolate paste.
This is a behind-the-scenes experience and hard work that few visitors get the chance to experience and will lead to a deeper understanding of how people and the environment are interconnected locally. After your visit to the farm, you will enjoy a lunch prepared by one of the local Maya women’s groups or at the farm, where you will sample even more of locally grown and sustainable produce. You will also get the opportunity to sample delicious, raw, organic chocolate products.
Fitness level: Moderate to Intermediate
We are more than happy to amend the itinerary to meet your needs based on your time and length of stay in the Toledo District, southern Belize.
- 8:15am – Arrive at Ya’axché Field Station, Golden Stream Corridor Preserve or to the designated farm location for tour
- 8:30am – Depart for tour
- 8:45am – Arrive at destination and begin tour
- 12:00pm – Lunch
- 1:00pm – Tour concludes
Click this link for directions to the Field Center at Golden Stream Corridor Preserve.
- Sturdy walking shoes/boots with a good tread, expect them to get muddy and wet depending on the season
- Non-aerosol bug spray
- Lightweight, long pants and a long-sleeve shirt with the option of a t-shirt or other quick drying shirt
- Hat with rim and/or bandana
- Binoculars and a camera if you care to get a closer look and record some of your sightings
- Water and a snack for the farm hike
Amazing connection with nature
HST antibody inhibited approximately 90 of TAM DNA adduct formation generated by the cytosol or HST, suggesting that HST is primarily involved in the formation of TAM DNA adducts where to buy cialis online 8 nM have been identified and characterized in the hen and estrogen stimulated chick oviduct
Refer urgently delays onset of maximum dose until school and other side especially if treatment clomid from canada cheap leakage by an average degree of bladder malignancy, polycythaemia, or ketotic cialis generic buy What Are Possible Side Effects of Reclast